Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tucker doing his thing on the beach
Tucker had a BLAST at the beach. When he's outside at home, he ignores everyone. He does his bird dog thing. Back and forth, back and forth, looking for anything that flutters or flies. Well, he did the same thing at the beach only he had to stay on the leash. He was very annoyed that he couldn't just charge off down the beach. After he broke his collar (on the very first day!) I had to put his "easy leader" head collar on. He didn't pull quite so hard after that, but by the end of the 2nd day he had a terrible abrasion on his face from the sand and salt getting under it. We bought him a new collar and I switched back and forth from then on. My shoulder was pretty sore by the end of the week. He would be exhausted each night but I swear if I didn't give him a mandatory rest period periodically, he would keep going until he collapsed. Just like a kid.
I had people stopping by all the time asking about Tucker. Most didn't know what kind of dog he was (stupid dog, comes to mind) but a few actually knew he was an English Setter and I met a couple of people that had ESs! Most of the people, tho, didn't understand why he wouldn't acknowledge them or their dogs. There were a couple of toy breeds or terriers that stopped and barked and barked at Tucker. He didn't hardly look at them other than to look perturbed that they were standing in the small circle that he was allowed to run around in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment